The construction of the Engineering building on the Manila Campus was begun before the end of school year 1956–1957, and was completed the eleventh Foundation Anniversary and was completed late in 1957.
The College opened its doors to students in SY 1957-58, with initial offering of the common first year, the second, third, fourth and fifth years of the electrical and mechanical engineering courses were offered. In SY 1959-60, however, a new course was added: the four-year course leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Electronics. In 1962, the college opened a new five-year course leading to thedegree of Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering.
Prof. Mariano Hidalgo was the first Dean of the College of Engineering, and was succeeded by Prof. Crisostomo Alma Jose. When Dean Alma Jose retired, Dean Florencio Moreno of the DPWH took over Prof. Oscar C. Limlingan succeeded Dean Moreno.
When Dean Limlingan was appointed VPAA and Chancellor of the Caloocan Campus, Prof. Pacifico T. Santos became Dean. Succeeding Dean Santos was Dr. Genaro T. Marzan, the fifth Engineering dean who also the President of PATE. Following Dean Marzan’s retirement in June 2003 was the appointment of Dr. Ernesto C. De Castro, who was also the President of the Confederation of Filipino Consultants and a Board Member of the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board. He was later replaced by former CCSS Dean, Engr. Constantino T. Yap on 2006.
At present, the college is under the deanship of Dr. Florante A. Magnaye. Dean Pagbilao is The Dean of the CEngg.-Manila from July 2007 to Nov. 2019.
Dr. FLORANTE A. MAGNAYE
Engr. DARWIN ALPIS
Ms. JASMIN S. SALAZAR
UE College of Engineering-Manila Dean’s Office
✆ Trunk Line Dean : (632) 8-735-54-71 local 397
✆ Direct Line: (632) 8-735-13-54
✉ General UE CEng’g Manila email address:
For more info, visit UE
College of Engineering-Manila