As users of University of the East Faculty / Students / Academic portal, users of UE portal agree to be bound to terms stated in the following IT Policy.
All users of UE portal:
- Comply with all government and other applicable law; all generally applicable university rules and policies; and all applicable contracts and licenses. Examples of such laws, rules, policies, contracts, and licenses include the laws of libel , privacy , copyright , trademark , obscenity, and child pornography ; the Electronic Communications Privacy Act and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act , which prohibit "hacking", "cracking", and similar activities; the university's code of student conduct; the university's sexual harassment policy ; and all applicable software licenses. Users who engage in electronic communications with persons in other states or countries or on other systems or networks should be aware that they may also be subject to the laws of those other states and countries and the rules and policies of those other systems and networks. Users are responsible for ascertaining, understanding, and complying with the laws, rules, policies, contracts, and licenses applicable to their particular uses.
- Use only those portal that they are authorized to use and use them only in the manner and to the extent authorized. Ability to access portal does not, by itself, imply authorization to do so. Users are responsible for ascertaining what authorizations are necessary and for obtaining them before proceeding. Accounts and passwords may not, under any circumstances, be shared with, or used by, persons other than those to whom they have been assigned by the university.
- Respect the privacy of other users and their accounts, regardless of whether those accounts are securely protected . Again, ability to access other persons' accounts does not, by itself, imply authorization to do so. Users are responsible for ascertaining what authorizations are necessary and for obtaining them before proceeding.
- Respect the finite capacity of those resources and limit use so as not to consume an unreasonable amount of those resources or to interfere unreasonably with the activity of other users. Although there is no set bandwidth, disk space, CPU time, or other limit applicable to all uses of university portal, the university may require users of those resources to limit or refrain from specific uses in accordance with this principle. The reasonableness of any particular use will be judged in the context of all of the relevant circumstances.
- Refrain from using those resources for personal commercial purposes or for personal financial or other gain . Personal use of university portal for other purposes is permitted when it does not consume a significant amount of those resources, does not interfere with the performance of the user's job or other university responsibilities, and is otherwise in compliance with this policy.
- Refrain from stating or implying that they speak on behalf of the university and from using university trademarks and logos without authorization to do so. Affiliation with the university does not, by itself, imply authorization to speak on behalf of the university. Authorization to use university trademarks and logos on university portal may be granted only by the Chancellor's Office, as appropriate. The use of suitable disclaimers is encouraged.
These site is owned by the University of the East. Site content is subject to change without notice. While most sites are publicly accessible, certain services and information offered on-line may be restricted to specific users or segments of the UE community.
In addition, UE provides its service to you subject to the following guidelines.
Consistent with University policies and regulations, UE upholds the principles of academic freedom and shared governance, freedom of speech, and privacy in the use of electronic resources by UE faculty, students and staff. UE is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. UE shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Cookies are a technology, which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a web site.
UE is committed to providing a user-friendly environment for students, faculty, staff, alumni, friends, visitors and the community. Your comments are welcomed. Please send your comments or report errors to email@example.com